Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adam and Eve in the Garden (or parking lot)

Wow. Talk about bad timing. Adam wants me, I'm taken. 2 years later I'm single and wanting him and he gets into his first relationship in years. Awesome! Needless to say I was seriously disappointed and a bit confused. I got off my bar stool and stomped out at the mention of her name and him telling me that he in fact liked her very much. I guess I figured, what's the point? He followed me out to the parking lot and we had a heated discussion. Between the drinks in my system and my slight shock at the knowledge of his new girlfriend it is hard to recall the details. I just remember asking him if I should walk out of his life, if it would make it easier on him. He said no. I remember telling him I wasn't sure what to do then because I had strong feelings for him. He asked, "Couldn't we stay friends and see what happens in the future?" This made me angry although it was reasonable, so I told him I wasn't sure I could do that. He said if his two choices were for me to walk out of his life or be in it forever the latter would be his choice. At the time I thought that was very romantic, but in retrospect it seems like stating the obvious. I don't remember what it was that made me finally separate from him (I can't imagine now ever purposely doing this) but I did. I told him I was just going to walk away from all of it, I turned and very dramatically walked to the car where my friends had been waiting engine running for who knows how long. No offense to my wonderful friends whom I love, but I wasn't even aware of them that night until this moment. Adam yelled after me to remember that this was not his choice, that's it's not what he wanted. I shut the car door and we drove away, leaving Adam alone in the parking lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment